This is an era of technology. The most precious gift of technology to mankind is computer and internet. With the help of internet the entire world is connected like a net. In the field of internet the most powerful warrior is website. Website is such kind of resource by which we gather every type of information from all over the world from our home. In today’s world a website is not only use for information gathering but it also plays an important role in every kind of business.Today all business people are building their own websites and is very much important to compete those websites and win the race.
What is Search Engine?
This field of race is known as search engine. A search engine is a special kind of website, you can also describe it as a tool which help you to find everything you want in World Wide Web (WWW) by searching some special words or group of words. These word or group of words is known as keywords and key phrases respectively. Your success of searching and finding the exact thing you want is completely depend on the keyword or phrases you are using. In today’s world of technology there are search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN etc. which are used extensively to search various things in internet.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
To win in the race of finding exact information your website has to be optimizing properly so that your website become top position of search engine. This optimization of website is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Why You need Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
To make your business popular online your website has to be ‘search engine’ friendly. The “Search Engine Optimization” is required to increase the visibility of your website in the search engine so that if someone searches with a particular keyword he or she will find your website in the top of search engine (e.g. in the first page of search engines). This will increase the traffic of the website. SEO not only helps the ranking and traffic of the website but also it helps in the online branding and reputation management of your product and services. In today’s world the concept of branding is much more important than that of keyword ranking. In short we can explain that SEO is the key source of online business.
Technology of Search Engine or how it works?
As I mentioned earlier, a search engine is a special kind of website or tool by which we can search anything online. Every search engine follows a particular procedure of web searching. This entire procedure is executed by a certain components which are as follows:
Search Engine Spider or crawler: Search Engine is a special type of software or tool also known as “robots” crawl all the web pages exist in the server and download them.
Indexer: This is another type of tool which index the pages according the keywords present in the web page. Where those keywords can be found? A search engine indexer can found those keywords in the following part of a webpage:
a. Title tag
b. Meta Tag
d. Web page content
e. Third party websites
After indexing according to the keywords search engine store the web pages in its data base.
Finally when an user is searching using a keyword then search engine will give the proper output according to the search quality.
Basic Factors of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
To make a website search engine friendly following features must be present in the website
- Choosing proper Keywords: It is very important to chose relevant and good quality keywords according to their competition and search volumes.
- Proper content selection: In the new era of search engine optimization “content is king” so it is very important to use unique, relevant, precise and good quality of content. The keywords must be placed properly in the content.
- Proper DESIGN LAYOUT: The DESIGN layout should be attractive and free from any coding error. This includes proper titling, meta tagging, use of geo tag, alt tag in image, titling of anchor text, and proper heading of the content using H1, H2, H3 tags.All the pages must be interlinked with each other.
- XML Site map: Using a XML site map for search engine to crawl properly.
- Robot.Txt: Proper blocking of particular pages you want by using a robot.txt file.
- Making of good page rank by using good quality back links.
- Proper Domain structure: Some features of domain is required for proper SEO, they are domain name (better to contain keyword in the domain name), domain age etc.
Overview of SEO Techniques
On-page optimization or SEO is the process of making some search engine friendly changes in the web page.
Following are some on page SEO factors:
- Keyword Analysis: Doing proper keyword analysis based on competition and search volume.
- Title Tag Optimization: Use separate title tags in every pages including keywords not more than 60 characters.
- Canonical issue have to be solved by using a 301 redirect.
This technique is used to make social presence of the website and getting popular in a very faster way.
Following are some off page SEO factors:
- High PR directory submission: Submitting the website link in different high PR directories like Dmoz.
- Participating in different question and answer sites like yahoo, rediff etc.
You may also subscribe to Gizmofacts in Youtube for getting more information about software tips & tricks.
Image Credit: moz.com